Remove Red Lines in Microsoft Word
How to Remove Red Lines in Microsoft Word 2016 and Others Version – Almost everyone who uses a computer or laptop has used Microsoft Word. This document typing application is very commonly used by students and people who work as a medium for typing documents.
Maybe you also often use it if you have typing tasks. When you type in Microsoft Word, do you usually see red lines? Usually, this red line will appear when there are words that are considered wrong. Yes, the primary function of this red line is to correct words that are considered non-standard.
However, for some people, this red line is quite disturbing. Therefore, if you want to get rid of it, it’s relatively easy. For more details, let’s follow the instructions below.
How to remove red lines in Microsoft Word easily.
1. Removing Red Lines in Microsoft Word 2016
You need to understand that every Microsoft Word on the market today has several ways to remove this red line. For this point discussed is the 2016 version of Microsoft Word.
Let you understand better. Here is the review.
- Open the Microsoft Word 2016 application if you have one.
- Then click File, which is located at the top left.
- If it is already open, open the Options section, which is located at the bottom.
- Then, you look for the “Proofing” section. There you will see various options for editing the created document.
- After that, you look at the “Check Spelling as You Type”. Please remove the checklist. If you also want to remove the green lines, remove the checklist in the “Mark grammar errors as you type” section.
- If so, you click OK to save it, and the process is complete.
By following the directions above, the red line in Microsoft Word will disappear automatically. This also applies when you open other Word files.
2. Remove a Red Line in Microsoft Word 2010, 2010, 2007, or 2003
As previously mentioned, there are other versions of Microsoft Word besides 2016. An example is Microsoft 2010, 2007, to 2003.
Here we will also discuss how to use Microsoft Word, which is under 2016. To find out, here is the review.
- Open Microsoft Word 2010, 2007, or 2003.
- Next, you open an application that has an Office Button symbol in the upper left corner.
- After that, look for Word Options which are usually near the Exit Word button.
- If you are logged in, various options are the same as Microsoft Word 2016. Please again check the Proofing section and look for “Check Spelling as you type” and “Grammar Errors as you type”.
- When you find it, you have to remove the checklist on the two previous options.
- When everything is finished, all you have to do is click OK and see the results.
- Try to open one of the files as an experiment only.
If there are no red or green lines in it, the process has been successful. However, if the results don’t change, there could be a problem with the Proofing section.
- Please click Review-> Language-> Set Proofing Language.
- Just get rid of the checklist there and click OK.
- Try to type whether there is still a red line or not. If not, it works.
Those are some easy ways to get rid of red lines in Microsoft Word. Hopefully, this article can provide many benefits for all readers.
Thank you for visiting AllinGadget. We always try to provide the latest and best information for you. I hope you get the information you want. If you have criticism and feedback, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Have a nice day.