How to Move Your Data to a New Phone on an Android Phone – Users need to know how to move data from an old cell phone to a new cell phone, especially those who decide to change cell phones.
When you have a new smartphone or cell phone, one of the fundamental problems in transferring data from the old cell phone to the new cell phone? Whether it’s photos, videos, contacts, or other files, sometimes we still need that data on a new cell phone later.
For some people, doing so may be difficult. However, there are tactical steps to move data from an old device to a new one reasonably fast.
Move Data to a New Android Phone
Well, for those of you who don’t know how to move data from old cell phones to new cellphones, here, AllinGadget has summarized the easiest and fastest way to do it.
It should be noted. Two steps must be done to move data from an old cell phone to a new cell phone: 1. backing up files and 2. restoring (restore) a new device. Here’s how in full:
1. Backing Up Data on Old HP
Before switching to a new device, make sure you have backed up all data to the cloud. Google will automatically back up all your data, including photos, videos, voice calls, messages, and so on. Another advantage, Google also has unlimited storage. So, you don’t need to worry about running out of storage space.
Here are the steps to perform a Google backup:
- Open settings
- Find and select the “system” menu
- Tap “backup,” and make sure the mark “backup to Google Drive” is set to (on).
- Tap “back up now” to sync data on the phone with Google Drive
- Apart from that, you also have to make sure that the photos and videos are backed up to Google Photos.
You don’t have to worry about running out of storage space if you choose the high-quality option.
Here are the steps:
- Open Google Photos
- Select the menu with three horizontal lines on the top left of the screen
- Tap Settings
- Select Backup & Sync
- Make sure the alert for Backup & Sync is set to on (on)
- Make sure that the backup mode is set to high quality
2. Recovering Data on New HP
There are several ways to restore our data on a new cellphone. However, the following steps are considered the most effective. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your Google account
- Confirm your old phone screen lock to authenticate the data transfer.
- Now, you will be on the “Choose what to restore” page.
- If you want all data from the old phone to be transferred to the new one, leave all settings as they are and select “Restore” or “Restore.”
- However, if you don’t want to install all apps, press App settings. Then select from the list of all the applications you want to install on your new cellphone.
- Press Restore to start restoring data on your new cellphone, wait for the process to finish.
Thank you for visiting Move Data to a New Android Phone. AllinGadget will continue to provide information every day. We always try to provide the latest and best information for you. I hope you get the information you want. If you have criticism and feedback, don’t hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com. Have a nice day.