How to Insert Full Image into a Document in Microsoft Word – Microsoft Word is an essential application on computers and laptops. Of course, most people already know the function of this application, which is to type text. However, not only writing, but you can also add images to the text file.
Inserting Pictures in Microsoft Word Documents
Adding images is the best way to make your writing even more enjoyable. There are several methods you can use to add pictures to documents in the Microsoft Word application. Here are some of them.
1. Insert a clip art image
The clip art is a collection of images that can be added to a document or other program. This image is usually a raster or vector graphic. These images are generally available in Microsoft Word and are grouped into several categories such as people, nature, objects, and others.
They are making it easier for you to choose the appropriate clip art. Here are some steps you can take to find clip art in a Word document.
- In the word document that is already open, select the Insert menu, which you can find at the top of the Microsoft Word application.
- Next, select the Clip Art command, which you can find in the Illustrations menu group.
- The Clip Art options will then appear to the right of the document.
- In the Search for: box, you can enter keywords related to the image you want, then press enters or clicks Go.
After doing the steps above, you will get several clip art images according to the keywords you have entered. If you have found a suitable image, then the next step is to enter it into the document in the following way.
- Place the cursor where you want to add the clip art image.
- Then, click on the image you chose in the clip art panel that appeared earlier.
- The image will appear on the document, and you can adjust its size or location.
- The clip art is an excellent choice if you want to insert standard images quickly.
This method is easy to do, but the images available are also limited.
2. Insert full image from the folder
If you want to insert a more specific image, it’s just as easy as adding clip art. It’s just that, for this method, make sure you have the image first.
If you have prepared the required image, then follow the steps below:
- First, place the cursor where you want to add an image to the Word document.
- Select the Insert menu, which you can find at the top of the Microsoft Word application.
- Then select the Picture command in the Illustrations menu group,
- Next, the Insert Picture dialog box will appear. Here, you can select the image file you want.
- When you find the image in question, click Insert, and the image will appear in your Word document.
To adjust the image size to fit the document and the way you want, you can click on the corner of the image and then hold and drag to adjust the image’s size. This method will resize the image without breaking the proportions of the image, so the image will still look like the original.
Adjusting Image Position in Microsoft Word Documents
After an image is added to a Word document, sometimes you still have to adjust it so that it looks proportional to the text in the document.
Here are some ways you can adjust the position of an image in a Word document.
- Click Position on the Format menu. Next, several options for the position of the image will appear between the text on the document. Choose the one that you think is most suitable.
- After clicking, the image position will change automatically. Furthermore, you can shift the position of the image to make it look neater.
Repairing Image Format
In addition to inserting images as described above, you can also format or arrange shapes or even add accents to the image. For example, you can crop an image if there are parts you don’t want to include or add a border or frame to the image.
To fix the image format, you can do this via the Format menu that appears when you click the image. In the menu, there are several options that you can use to edit images, starting from crop to crop the image, borders to add lines outside the image, corrections to change the sharpness of the image, color to adjust the color, and so on.
You can even add artistic effects to the image directly from the Microsoft Word file using the same menu tab. There are 3D effects, shadows, glow, and others. Microsoft Word is capable enough to edit the images you put in the file.
It’s just that if you need more professional editing, then you will need an image editing application to edit it first before inserting it into your Word file.
Thank you for visiting AllinGadget. We always try to provide the latest and best information for you. I hope you get the information you want. If you have criticism and feedback, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Have a nice day.