How to Solve Unsupported File Format in Your WhatsApp – How to solve the unsupported file format on WhatsApp? WhatsApp is a top-rated instant messaging application. WhatsApp users are spread worldwide, which makes this application a very large number of users. This application always tries to meet the needs of its users.
As you can see, WhatsApp always presents various interesting innovations to make its users comfortable. In addition, this is also done so that more and more people are using WhatsApp, and indeed this method is proven to make it one of the best chat applications, both for Android and iOS.
Also, another way to do this is to design this application to support various file formats. WhatsApp already supports several video and photo formats, documents such as word, and others. Even WhatsApp has made an update so that the application increasingly supports various file formats.
Even so, sometimes there are file formats that WhatsApp does not support that you are using. The information that appears is Not supported format, or the file format is not supported.
Cause Unsupported File Format
As we have explained, even though WhatsApp supports all file formats, sometimes users experience problems where the files they want to download can’t. This condition is caused by WhatsApp not supporting this file format.
Usually, this problem is caused because files have a special format and are not in a general format. Sometimes, this problem can also be caused by the application itself, which may have to be updated.
How to Solve Unsupported File Format in WhatsApp
After understanding the things that cause this problem, you need to know how to solve the file format not supported by the WhatsApp application.
That way, you can download files of various formats and open them.
1. Update WhatsApp
The first way you can do this is by updating WhatsApp. Maybe the application you are using now is an old version where the features are still incomplete. Also, it is possible that the WhatsApp that you are using now doesn’t support various files.
Therefore, all you have to do is stay up to date. To update is not difficult because you only need to enter the Play Store. After that, you look for the WhatsApp application and click Update.
If it says Update, it means you have to update the application. If there isn’t, your WhatsApp application is likely the latest version.
2. Changing the File Format
The second way to deal with unsupported file formats is to change the file format. If you are using an Android smartphone, you will get much better support.
One of them is by changing the file extension. This reasonably simple method can make WhatsApp support with this file. How do I change the file? Here’s how:
- The first step, please open the File Manager on the phone.
- In the second step, you have to find the file you want to change the format for
- When you have found the file, you want to convert, press the file and select Rename or Rename.
- Change the format to .zip, .mp3, and others.
The Xiaomi brand smartphone can do this method. Maybe you can try other brands of cellphones. For you Xiaomi users, you can use this method so that the files you receive support WhatsApp.
3. Compress Files
The way to deal with unsupported file formats on WhatsApp is by reducing the size of the file. In other words, you have to compress files using applications that you can get on the Play Store.
There are several file compression applications, and one of them is ZArchiver. The steps for using ZArchicver include:
- First, please download the ZAarchiver application on the Play Store.
- Second, after successfully downloading it, please open the application.
- Third, enter the file directory that you want to compress.
- If you have found the file, all you have to do is press and hold the file and type the Compress option.
- In the next step, you have to set the name as well as the format. Regarding other settings, you need to adjust them as needed. If so, click OK.
- The process is fast depending on how big the file size you want to compress.
- If you have gone through all the processes, you have to send the file to the WhatsApp number. WA should now be able to support the file, and you can immediately open it.
This is an explanation of how to resolve unsupported file formats on WhatsApp. You can choose the method that we have shared as you wish. However, we recommend that you start with the easiest way. Also, all of these methods have proven successful. I hope it is useful.
Thank you for visiting AllinGadget. We always try to provide the latest and best information for you. I hope you get the information you want. If you have criticism and feedback, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Have a nice day.