How to Quickly Connect Oculus Quest 2 to Your PC/Laptop – The Oculus Quest 2 can act as a standalone headset, but we can also connect it to a PC/Laptop for a full virtual reality experience. The process is relatively straightforward, works over a wired or wireless connection, and gives you full access to SteamVR and the huge world of virtual reality gaming for PC.
What do you need?
To play VR games for PC with Oculus Quest 2, prepare a few things:
It is recommended to use a USB cable long enough to accommodate the type of VR experience you want to play. For example, if you only want to play trial sitting or standing, you can use a shorter cable than necessary to play the entire room.
Oculus link cable: The official Oculus Link cable is 16 feet long and guaranteed to work with the Oculus Quest, but other cables can work too.
How to Quickly Connect Oculus Quest 2
The Oculus Quest 2 can be connected to a PC in two ways: using an Oculus Link cable (or a high-quality USB Type-C cable) and wirelessly using Air Link. In addition, this gaming device will provide various PC-only VR experiences and allow players to use PCs to deliver better screen visuals.
Without further ado, here’s how to connect Oculus Quest 2 to a PC.
1. Using Oculus Link
If you prefer to use a wired connection, follow the steps below. But please note, this method can only be used using an official Oculus Link cable or a USB-C 3.0 cable with high VR quality.
- Review compatibility requirements to ensure PC and Oculus Quest 2 meet all requirements.
- Open the Oculus app on your PC/Laptop and launch Oculus Quest 2.
- Plug one end of the USB or Oculus Link cable into your PC’s USB 3.0 port and the other end into your Oculus Quest 2.
- In VR, you will see the Allow Access to Data prompt and select Deny or Deny.
- When you see the Enable Oculus Link prompt, select Enable.
2. Using Air Link
If you prefer to use a wireless connection, then follow the steps below. Please note, this method is only available for Quest 2. You should also make sure that you have updated the Oculus app on PC to version 28 (v28) or later.
- Open the Oculus application on your PC and go to Settings. Then on the Beta tab, select the button next to Air Link.
- Put on your Oculus Quest 2 headset and press the Oculus button to open the menu. Select the Settings icon and select Experimental Features.
- Click select the button next to Air Link. Select Continue.
- From the PC list that appears select your PC and select Pair. When finished pairing, select Launch.
That’s how to connect Oculus Quest 2 to PC in two different ways. Oh yes, for the installation of Air Link, the second process will run faster than the first because you only need to activate Air Link.
Thank you for visiting AllinGadget. We always try to provide the latest and best information for you. I hope you get the information you want. If you have criticism and feedback, don’t hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com. Have a nice day.