Change WhatsApp Number Without Deleting Account? Here’s How – WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging applications today. Almost all circles of friends, reunions, work coordination, and lots of things are usually coordinated using WhatsApp.
WhatsApp itself is based on the number of the smartphone we use. If you don’t have a registered smartphone number, you are forced to change your WhatsApp account.
However, there is a way to change your WhatsApp number without having to switch accounts. This is done using the WhatsApp feature, which can verify the new number before you change the number.
Launching the FAQ page from WhatsApp on its official website using the change number feature will not change your account. Your account information, including your profile, the groups you have, and your preference settings, will not change.
The old cellphone number association will be deleted, so your contacts will only see your new smartphone number. Your chat history will still be available on this new phone number. With a note, you don’t change your smartphone.
Change WhatsApp number, here are the steps:
Therefore, here’s how to change your WhatsApp number without changing your account:
- Insert a new SIM card into your smartphone device
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Press the menu button (three black dots in the right corner)
- Click Settings
- Next Click Account
- Click Change Number
- Enter the old cellphone number in the box above
- Enter your new mobile number in the bottom box
- Click Next
- There is an option “Notify My Contact and Specific,” where you will choose to notify the contact or not. Tick in according to your needs.
- Click Finish
- Then you will be asked to verify a new phone number.
- Done. Your number has been changed and without changing accounts.
But first, you have to make sure that the new number can receive SMS and calls and make sure the old number is still verified on your WhatsApp smartphone.
Thank you for visiting AllinGadget. We always try to provide the latest and best information for you. I hope you get the information you want. If you have criticism and feedback, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Have a nice day.